First of all, we must understand that copper-clad steel ground rods are produced by using special electroplating technology based on foreign technology. It has the characteristics of copper layer thickness (above 0.25 mm), low resistance, strong corrosion resistance, high strength, easy installation, good electrical connection performance, good adhesion, and no peeling (rollable thread). It has the advantages of high tensile strength (600 Newtons per square millimeter), strong corrosion resistance (guarantee service life of more than 30 years), constant low resistance and good plasticity, which has the same performance as copper. Both have the characteristics of steel. The series of products produced by the electroplating process overcome the shortcomings of the poor binding force of the sleeve coating method, and can be widely used in the grounding devices of power transmission and transformation and communication lines, power stations, buildings and antennas, and can also be used in computers and other electronics The grounding system of the equipment can be combined with lightning receptors (lightning rods, lightning conductors) and down conductors to form a lightning protection grounding device.
Use the following parameters to help you choose a copper clad steel ground rod?
1. Thickness of copper layer ≥0.25mm
2. Tensile strength ≥600N / mm2
3. Straightness error ≤1mm / m
4. Plasticity of the copper layer: when the grounding rod (wire) is bent at 30 degrees, there is no crack at the inner and outer edges of the corner.
5. Cohesion of copper layer: After the adhesion test, except for the peeling of the copper layer at the bite of the jaws of the vise, the other parts of the copper and steel are well bonded, and no peeling phenomenon occurs. The ground rod can be connected to the required length. The ground rod can be 30 meters deep underground without being affected by any climatic conditions (such as frost and drought) that may increase the soil resistivity and ground resistance.
Through deep grounding, the minimum grounding rod can be used to obtain the required grounding resistance. If you use short (6 meters or less) ground rods to obtain the same resistance value, the number of ground rods is large and the construction area is large. Obviously, it costs several times more. Where the city needs to dig asphalt roads and move large stones, using vertical grounding rods can avoid a lot of construction troubles.