The installation of copper-clad steel ground rods must be done in accordance with the requirements, or there will be many problems in the future. If you do every detail during installation, you won't have any worries. The following are the installation precautions for the copper-clad steel grounding electrode.
1. Copper-plated ground rods are generally made of round steel or steel pipes, and their diameter should not be less than the following values: copper-clad steel grounding electrodes generally use galvanized round steel with a diameter of 19mm. The lightning rod on the roof is made of galvanized steel pipe with a diameter of 25mm. The lightning rod at the top of the water tower is made of galvanized steel pipe with a diameter of 25mm or 40mm
2. The needle tip is made of galvanized steel pipe, the thickness of the pipe wall should not be less than 3mm, and the length of the tip brush tin should not be less than 70mm
3. The lightning rod should be installed vertically and firmly. The allowable deviation of verticality is 3/1000.
4. Welding requirements Welding should use lap welding, and its lap length must meet the following requirements:
5. Flat steel is twice its width (and at least 3 edges are welded), the lightning rod on the top of the chimney is 25mm in diameter galvanized round steel or 40mm in diameter galvanized steel pipe e lightning arrester is 12mm in diameter galvanized round steel or cross section It is 100mm2 galvanized flat steel, and its thickness should be 4mm.
6. When the round steel is connected with the flat steel, its length is 6 times the diameter of the round steel.
7. All metal parts must be galvanized, pay attention to protect the galvanized layer during operation.
8. The copper-clad steel ground rod should be made of round steel or welded steel pipe, and its diameter should not be less than the following values: needle length below 1m: round steel 12mm, steel pipe 20mm, needle length 1-2m: round steel 16mm , The steel pipe is 25mm, the needle on the top of the chimney: round steel is 20 mm, steel pipe is 40 mm.